Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable.Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation is called to do more, give more, and serve more while inspiring the generous spirit of our community that brings gifts of healing and comfort to everyone cared for at Ascension St. Vincent’s.
Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation of Alabama was formed in 1984 to administer charitable contributions for the Ascension St. Vincent’s health system. Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation of Alabama’s dba name is Ascension St. Vincent’s Foundation, as the Foundation is aligned with the mission, strategic plan and core values of the Ascension health system.
The health system comprises five hospitals that cover eight counties in Central Alabama:
- St. Vincent’s Birmingham (409 beds)
- St. Vincent’s Blount (30 beds)
- St. Vincent’s Chilton (40 beds)
- St. Vincent's East (380 beds)
- St. Vincent’s One Nineteen (ASC and wellness)
- St. Vincent’s St. Clair (40 beds)
- St. Vincent’s Trussville (imaging, primary care)
- St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network (family care clinics, home health, occupational health, and urgent care).
The health system offers a spectrum of services ranging from a state-of-the-art robotics surgery program to the first Heart Valve Clinic in the state. Medical specialties include oncology, cardiology, women’s and children’s services, orthopedics/sports medicine, neurology, behavioral health, community/corporate wellness services, and surgical services.